Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Final Q

...and it looks good. I think I have 2 top 10 QBs. Brandon Jacobs will lead the league in TDs/game...it's just a question of how many games he can play. I have Bradshaw to back him up. Bush is available late in drafts because he can't stay healthy but when he plays he's a monster in that offense. Last year in the FFOC he was the top RB until he was hurt. I'll gamble on the upside and hope he can play weeks 11-16 when it counts. Felix Jones is my backup plan and could be this year's Chris Johnson...the guy has MOVES and is being touted as the centerpiece of the Cowboys offense. If he misses games Tashard Choice will be solid. Stewart rounds out my bench and should be a TD machine once he's healthy. Witten is a sure top 3 TE. Two top 5 defenses. My WR3 spot is a gamble but I'm calling for a 10 TD year from Chris Henry. Some might say his preseason is over-hyped, but he had 9 TDs in '06, he's young, and Housh is gone. If Palmer stays healthy Henry could be huge. Cotchery may start the season for me until I see how Henry plays out. Chambers has some upside playing in a good offense and is a capable WR3. I've been waiting 3 years for Jacoby Jones to step up. Since I have Andre Johnson and Jones had 148 yards and a TD Friday night, I took him as a handcuff for AJ with upside. Maybe this is the year.

QB Donovan McNabb PHI
RB Brandon Jacobs NYG
RB Reggie Bush NO
WR Larry Fitzgerald ARZ
WR Andre Johnson HOU
WR Chris Henry CIN
TE Jason Witten DAL
OP Carson Palmer CIN
K Rob Bironas TEN
TDSP New York Giants NYG

Bench Felix Jones DAL
Bench Jonathan Stewart CAR
Bench Jerricho Cotchery NYJ
Bench Ahmad Bradshaw NYG
Bench New York Jets NYJ
Bench Kevin Boss NYG
Bench Mark Sanchez NYJ
Bench Chris Chambers SD
Bench Tashard Choice DAL
Bench Jacoby Jones HOU

2 comments:

  1. I think you have some sick receivers! I have McNabb on my fantasy team as well, but Im not sold on Palmer ever returning to the quarterback he was before the injury. Jacobs will have another strong year if he stays healthy, but I think Pierre Thomas is gonna be a much stronger rb for the Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not "sold" on Palmer either but I'm sold on the upside there...and that plays into the Chris Henry pick as well. If Palmer can stay healthy then Henry is gold as a WR3. I know what you're saying about Pierre Thomas being a better RB than Bush (I think that's what you meant...not better than Jacobs) but Bush will get his points through the air. I don't care if it's rushing or receiving TDs as long as he scores.

    ReplyDelete