Friday, September 18, 2009

Week 2: Rise of The H

Week 1 is behind us and The H sits with an underwhelming record of 14-16...But fear not! Week 2 will be a different story.

For those not familiar with ffoc scoring, each week it is possible to get 2 wins: 1 for winning your head-to-head matchup, and 1 for placing in the top half of your league. I have 15 teams so 30 possible wins each week. (10 teams are $10 Q teams, 3 Tier teams I won for finishing 1st in my league last year, 1 team was paid for with referral credits, and I bought my live draft Pujols entry.)

In an age where the best NFL players play little or none at all in the preseason, it's not surprising that those players fail to impress week 1. Last week brought the superstars down to Earth and we should see much more focused football from the fantasy greats moving forward.

I expect to see improvement from players like Cutler, Palmer, Shaub, Andre Johnson, Boldin, Jacobs, Slaton, BIRONAS...all players prevalent on my teams.

It's not all bad after week 1. Of my 5 Tier teams, 3 are 2-0. My Live draft team is 0-2 but I have faith in that team...Cutler, Jacobs, AJ, and Boldin are all elite players who will improve.

GOOD LUCK WEEK 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment