Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quest for the Million - 3 Weeks Remain

The ffoc Vegas bracket is down to 363 teams. In week 14, the field will be cut to 97 teams + this week's top 5 Q-teams will advance to the Vegas bracket...meaning 102 contenders for the $1,000,000 top prize will remain after this weekend.

Team HELLMUTHofFF1 had a solid week 13 with 134.66 points, which was the 97th highest week 13 score out of 803 teams. The cut-line was 116.16. Rice Rice has been this team's best RB all season, and one of the more consistent players on the roster, until last week's 6.1 pt disappointment. Fortunately Brees was money with 27 pts...Mendenhall, Andre Johnson, and Antonio Gates all scored over 15 pts, and the Eagles Defense put up a healthy 19 points.

This week's matchups look good. I don't want to be overly optimistic but I think there is a great chance of making the cut this week.

Brees vs Atlanta
Rice vs Detroit
Mendenhall vs Cleveland
A. Johnson vs Seattle
G. Jennings vs Chicago
H. Nicks vs Philly
A. Gates vs Dallas
V. Young vs St Louis
K. Brown vs Seattle
Jets D vs Tampa Bay

Yes I'm taking Vince Young out of the garage this week facing St Louis. Starting Vince over Mark Sanchez in week 8 ALMOST derailed this team when Sanchez went on to score 3 TDs that week. Don't fail me now Vince! The Rams can't stop anybody but hopefully this game is not a total Chris Johnson show. CJ is chasing the all-time single-season rushing record and needs about 160 yds/game the rest of the way to do it. The Titans may force-feed the ball to Johnson this week to help him reach that number. I hope Vince gets his opportunities. The alternative is to start Carson Palmer who has put up very marginal numbers the last several weeks and faces a good Minnesota defense.

I don't think the matchups could look much better on paper this week. My RBs should have a field day vs Detroit and Cleveland. AJ and Jennings both face soft pass defenses. The WR3 matchup vs Philly could be tough but I don't expect a lot from a WR3 anyway. Gates has gone over 100 yds each of the last 2 weeks and looks like Phillip Rivers' favorite target. I hate to side against the Cowboys but I need another good game from Gates. And finally, I expect the Jets D could shut out Tampa Bay.

This is just getting fun. Vegas here I come!

2 comments:

  1. I agree Brian. You have very good match ups this week, especially with your QB's and RB's. Best of luck to you! I hope VY and Mendenhall carry you as I have them on my teams. =)

    Scott W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like Mendenhall and Vince might have hurt you. I actually ended up benching Vince for Palmer last minute...figured it was the safe move since Palmer played early and Titans was a late game and Vince had injury issues. Turned out Vince still outproduced Palmer in only 1 quarter.

    ReplyDelete